koooolaaaaa сказал(а): Again, the poses look natural and in character for a cat. I love it!
thank you very much ;u; I am using references for drawing cats, otherwise they would be lame >w<
Okay so I followed this video about foreshortening and…
Sycra. I love you so much for making this video.
YOU GOTTA BE FUCKING SHITTING ME
are you shitting me right now
years of me avoiding foreshortening aND IT WAS THIS EASY??
reblogging againg because holy cow, this HELPS
i’m not afraid on improving on my art but it means i’d have to get my bum up from the couch, go for laptop, find tabled and i guess i’ll fall exhausted by taking the pen xD
Are you tired of feeling like your art just isn’t improving? Do you want to do a 30-day challenge that’s actually useful? Welcome to 30 Days of Improvement Hell. >:D
I made this because I’ve been feeling super ‘blah’ about my art these days, and I needed something to kick-start myself. Who wants to do this with me!? Start now or whenever you can (now you procrastinators!). Challenge yourself and have fun at the same time!
Tag your posts with #Improvement Hell so everyone can follow along and see each other’s awesome artwork. I may even create a blog and reblog them! :D
What are you waiting for? START!
- Self-Portrait - Introduce yourself
- Draw a figure using a reference - link to reference
- Draw a figure that’s in action, using a reference - link to reference
- Draw a part of the human anatomy you have trouble with. x20, with atleast 5 being skeletal/musculature studies.
- Draw more figures. Quick gestures and silhouettes. x20, with atleast 10 different body shapes
- Let’s have some fun. Design a character from this character generator. (created by PreservedCucumbers)
- Pick the weirdest object in your house/room. Draw it. Shadows and Highlights.
- Find 2-3 objects, make a scene with them. Draw it. Bonus points for creativity. Double points for dramatic lighting.
- Draw a landscape of a place you’ve never been or drawn.
- Draw a BG with 1pt Perspective. Negative points if it’s a railroad or an empty street.
- Draw a BG with 2pt Perspective.
- Look out a window. Draw what you see. Bonus points for adding something interesting.
- Draw an interior setting with the character you designed on Day #6 in it.
- BG with either bird’s eye or worm’s eye view.
- Halfway there! Draw three ‘action’ scenes with different compositions in each. Quick sketches are fine, just make them interesting and understandable! Bonus points if it’s the same scene, but different composition.
- Draw a single page comic with 5-7 panels (the story begins and ends on one page).
- Draw an animal you’ve never drawn before. x10 Link references.
- Draw a car. Negative points for whining. Hint: Use a perspective grid.
- Think of the thing you hate drawing the most. Guess what? Draw it! Negative points for lying to yourself.
- Pick an object in your house/room. Now design a character from it, using the shapes, forms, textures, purpose and colors as inspiration. Also link/post the object you used. Negative points for using a humanoid action figure.
- Draw a character/object/scene, and shade them using ONLY solid blacks and whites. Bonus points for good use of lights/shadows
- Draw a different object/scene/character. Shade using hatching, crosshatcing, and/or pointillism. Bonus points for lights/shadows and textures.
- Colors! Pick a color palette, and paint a scene/character/object using only those colors (some blending allowed). Bonus points for good use of lights/shadows.
- Draw and color a scene/object/character - no lines allowed! (aka - lineless art). Don’t forget light and shadows!
- Draw a scene/character in a style you’ve never drawn before. If emulating an artist, credit+link. Bonus for color style.
- Draw a character. Draw 10 emotions/expressions. Bonus points for ‘uncommon’ emotions. (i.e. anxiety, guilt, despair, loneliness etc.)
- Draw three random shapes using your opposite hand (or your foot). Now design characters from those shapes.
- Turn on the tv (or load your illegally downloaded movies). Pick an actor and draw them.
- Almost done! Let’s have some fun. Draw some fanart. Bonus points if it’s super obscure and unknown. Make people guess what it’s from.
- Last day! Find a drawing you did within the last year. Now draw it again using what you’ve learned! Link it for comparison!
Look at all that amazing improvement! Congrats!
[Update] There is now a sequel challenge, Draw All The Things!
ghost-norway ответил(a) на ваш пост:We had fluffmark (who is spectacular), but can we have fluffway
What are you talking about such a cutie
_(:з」∠)_ thank you <3
It doesn’t suck. It’s SUPERDUPER FLUFFY AND I TRIED MY WHOLE LIFE TO DRAW CATS LIKE THAT ;w; It’s beautiful! <3
thank you gosh ;////w////;
striingendo ответил(a) на ваш пост:We had fluffmark (who is spectacular), but can we have fluffway
don’t worry, it’s amazing as always XD
thank you a lot ;u;<3
we can but it sucks ;u;
(( please excuse my silly heart and mind ;;u;; ))
Den: Magnus Nor: Sindre
the secret of drawing is just learning how to do it well to make your favorite anime character kiss. follow your dreams
okay but get this au
lesbian DenNor with Den as this ripped bad ass biker chick with spiked hair and all of these cool tattoos and Nor as her equally as tattooed indie hipster princess girlfriend complete with plugs and piercings and a job at the tattoo parlor where they met
Den offering Nor rides even though Nor is like “okay fine but youre going to get us both killed on this thing one day”
Nor helping Den with her next mermaid tattoo
Den flexing at Nor, Nor pretends not to be impressed and a little turned on.
the two bad ass babes being all cute and snuggly at the end of the day
just try and tell me that’s not the tightest shit